UPDATE – The bug was fixed in version 1.0.3 of the Control+ app
When you are building the LEGO Technic 42100 Liebherr R 9800 set the app has a verification process built in after every batch of bags. This is a great addition because you can see whether the motors built in are working correctly or not.
Unfortunately there’s a bug in the current version as of 05/10/2019 (version 1.0.2 on both Android and iOS ), after the second batch of bags at page 367 you should only have one XL motor (color code red) connected to the hub in the superstructure.
When you try to run the test it won’t connect, here’s how it looks like:
The solution is to connect all 3 remaining L motors to the hub. After that the second test will run properly (it will only test one L motor connected to port 1).
After the test you can disconnect the 3 L motors.
At the third test you already should have all motors connected to the second hub based on the instructions so that will run properly, just like the fourth test.
If you have any questions or have a different experience please let me know in the comments.
hi I cant get the first motor to connect to the app did you have an issue when first testing the 1st bag setup
Make sure you have the correct motor connected to the correct port
I can connect the smart hub using the PoweredUp app, and even use the batmobile profile to run the motors to test Bag 1 (though one motor is running in reverse with that profile) but the Control+ app keeps telling me I need to activate Bluetooth, which is on and running. Do I need to reset the hubs after running them off PoweredUp? Ive successfully ran the Haunted House with these motors and the Hub.
No need to reset the hubs. Try to reinstall the Control+ app and then enable the location services permission on the first run.
1/ It looks like it works well when use on iphone but not on Ipad ?
2/ when I check the motors with my iphone the controller checks motor calibration but never stops. The motor is ran for hours.
Best is contact LEGO customer services with this
Hi my son finished the build without testing any motors, can I get around this ?
The bug was fixed in the newer versions, if you did the build without testing you can simply skip them
I have version 1.1.0 and the bug would seem to be back! Lego have made a real mess of this control system. It has clearly been rushed out without soak testing.
1.1.1 was released today, can you please test if the bug is still there?
I am running into the problem with 1.1.1. First test runs okay, second test does not work. I have tried both connecting just one motor as well as connecting all four motors. Same results: Interchanging solid blue light with white blinking lights over and over.
Make sure to connect all motors to their proper ports based on the steps that come later
Thanks! Excellent suggection.
Unable to pair to liebherr r 9800 excavator. on multiple phones and an ipad. Interchanging solid blue light with white blinking lights over and over. the green sliding progress indicator continues to almost make it then starts over.
Did you check all motors and ports? Every motor should be connected to the proper port according to the instructions, otherwise the app won’t connect.
unable to stop motor on occasion and have to remove batteries, turning off the app does nothing
That’s interesting, does it happen with one specific motor or hub?
Use the BuWizz app. It works perfectly!!!
Unless you want to use the visual control of the arm, or enjoy the benefits of the calibration when the motor stops before the actuator starts to crack etc.
So I built the whole set before I I tested it and it won’t connect for the body. The base worked fun but the body is stuck between blue and blinking white. I’m sure I con text everything right
Great article. Thanks
Trouble with the bucket not opening, all other application work fine.
So when I try to connect to the upper hub I click the down hub and then it says which hub are you trying to connect and i say upper and then is shows a diagram when 2 of them are wrong when the are corrrect because I worked with it befor the excact same way it says I corrected port detected and I tried to reinstall the app but same thing
Has anybody had trouble with the calibration run on the D11
The test function worked fine but when you get to the calibration of the ladder function the motor just continues to run and will go no further
If the ladder itself does not move then you might want to check if the structure is really connected to the motor properly.