Free code guide to create a customizable control interface for vehicles in the Powered Up app
The new generation of LEGO Powered Up / Control+ sets like 42099 or 42109 have their official control interfaces in the Control+ app, but they are not customizable. The Powered Up app supposed to be the one to be customized but it has still limited abilities to control a vehicle.
I created a customizable code that has the following abilities using one of the two available control interfaces in the Powered Up app:
- Proper return to center steering
- Calibration process to set the zero position for the steering
- Ability to fine tune the zero position with buttons
- Toggle button to use the unused port(s) of the sets to attach lights
- Slider or Joystick control
Disclaimer: the code in the downloadable pdf guide is experimental, not fully complete nor foolproof. It is created considering the limitations of the Powered Up 3.0 app. I’m sure it can be programmed in a more effective way, this is my approach that you can use as a baseline for your own solution.