The long wait is over – instructions are published for the reworked 42069 Extreme Adventure full RC mod!
Features of the mod:
– 4 tracks are driven by 4 L motors
– fake engine powered by an M motor
– roof elevation powered by an M motor
– winch is completely reworked with worm gear, powered by an M motor
– front axle steering with Servo motor, tank-style steering is also available
– 4 Power Functions lights
– Controlled/powered by 2 BuWizz units (instructions provided), 2 SBricks and 2 AAA battery boxes can also be used but the cabling is difficult (check the photos below for the details)
Building instructions can be purchased here:
Inventory can be found at the end of the instructions and also available on Rebrickable.
The winch is protected by a 76244 Clutch gear to prevent motor damage, it is included in the inventory. You can replace the Clutch gear with a 24505 24 tooth gear on your own responsibility, it improves the performance of the winch but it might damage your motor if stressed.
It is possible to control the vehicle with 2 SBricks and 2 AAA battery boxes, but due to the limited space and the extra cables needed they barely fit in the rear. I only included the BuWizz version in the instructions, here are some photos of the SBrick setup if you consider to do it: